Hello Friends, I wanted to share this recipe in time for some of you to be able to try it out tonight for our “Sugar/Carb Free Challenge” we have going on Instagram today. Find the ingredients and directions below, give it a try and let me know how you like it.
Ingredients for Turkey Burgers
- 1 pack of Ground turkey BREAST (make sure it’s white meat, lean if possible)
- Two pasteurized brown eggs
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onions
- 1 and a half tablespoons of Brags Amino Acids
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder with parsley (the seasoning I have came with the two already mixed, purchased from Costco)
- Earth Balance Euro style Vegan Butter
- Fresh avocado
Ingredients for Salad
- Fresh Butter lettuce
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh cracked pepper
Directions for cooking Turkey Burgers
- Put all of the ingredients (EXCEPT THE AVOCADO & BUTTER) into a large mixing bowl and mix it all together so that all of the ingredients are evenly distributed
- Grab a large skillet and put two table spoons of vegan butter into it, let it melt on low heat while you continue to mix turkey burger ingredients for a minute or two
- Once the butter is fully melted and begins to sizzle, start to mash your patties and place them into the skillet, turn the heat up to medium. Your turkey should be moist but not so moist that the patties can’t stick together. If they don’t stick together just be very gentle with them, next time use less eggs.
- Allow the burgers to cook slowly so they don’t lose that yummy moisture, and they remain juicy. While they cook, lets start the salad.
Butter Lettuce Salad Directions
- Chop up your lettuce to your liking.
- Chop up your fresh tomatoes.
- Mix it together, and drizzle fresh lemon juice on top.
- Add some fresh cracked pepper.
- Slice your avocado and put it to the side.
- Your burgers should be lightly browned by now on each side, I like to put the top on the skillet for the last minute or so of cooking to ensure they’re cooked all the way through.
- Grab two handfuls of your salad and plate it.
- Place a burger patty on top.
- Put a few slices of avocado on top of your burger patty.
- Yellow Mustard
- Avocado Mayo
- Tobasco Sauce
*I added some mustard and less than a tablespoon of mayo to my plate, it was delicious and I didn’t miss the carbs. If you still find yourself hungry have a serving of salad. Remember, portion control is very important. Try this meal and let me know how you like it, also let me know of any different variations you may have tried in place of mine. CHEERS 🙂